6 easy steps to get the pantry of your dreams
1. Pull out your entire pantry before you start organising and de-cluttering. You need to see what you have before starting the process including pulling out all those items that’s been in the back of your pantry for months or even years. Do a stock take of your entire pantry; write everything down including the sizes you would normally buy. This will determine the size of containers you need to purchase.
2. Group like items (cans, snacks, drinks, refills, baking goods, dried ingredients, sauces, condiments, etc.). Store the ‘like items’ together; it will save you time looking for them making them more accessible.
3. Give your space a good clean/dust and measure your shelves before purchasing jars/containers or any other storage solutions.
4. Time to make a permanent home for everything. Not only will it be easier to find every- thing but you are more likely to maintain it. Store all your ingredients in transparent containers/jars with either a screw top or air- tight seal. This will keep ingredients fresh and make them visible and accessible. Purchase a few containers/baskets/tubs to store your ‘like items.’ These include jars, cans, spreads, snacks, refills, packets, condiments, etc.
5. Label everything! Labels will change how you organise your kitchen; once you label some- thing you don’t have to think about it again! It makes a permanent home for everything. Replenishing ingredients and writing the shopping list will be easier too.
6. Now time to put everything back. Keep your frequently used items on the middle shelves so they are easy to access, including jars, containers, condiments, spreads etc. Less frequently and heavier items go on the lower shelves or the highest shelf.