Maximising Space and Accessibility: How to Organise a Blind Corner Kitchen Cabinet
Efficient kitchen organisation is a key aspect of any functional kitchen, and blind corner cabinets can present a unique challenge. These tucked-away corners can be difficult to access and often lead to wasted space. However, with the right organisational tools and strategies, you can transform a blind corner kitchen cabinet into a functional and efficient storage space. In this guide, we'll focus on two essential tools for organising a blind corner cabinet: the lazy susan and the 3-tier corner spice rack, along with tips on optimising these solutions for seamless use.
Understanding the Blind Corner Cabinet
Blind corner cabinets are designed to make use of otherwise wasted space in kitchen corners. They are called "blind" because you cannot directly see and access all the items inside. Typically, these cabinets have an L or U-shaped layout, and accessing the contents at the back can be a struggle. This is where effective organisation becomes crucial.
Introducing the Lazy Susan
A Lazy Susan is a rotating circular tray or turntable placed within the corner cabinet to aid accessibility. This ingenious invention maximises space and ensures that items stored in the back of the cabinet can be easily brought forward with a simple spin. Incorporating a Lazy Susan into your blind corner cabinet is a game-changer for convenience and efficiency.
Utilising the 2-Tier Lazy Susan
To optimise the use of a Lazy Susan, consider utilising a 2-tier design. The 2-tier Lazy Susan consists of two circular trays stacked on top of each other, effectively doubling the storage space and allowing for a more organised arrangement of items. The top tier can be used for smaller items, while the bottom tier can accommodate larger or heavier items.
When arranging your items on the 2-tier Lazy Susan, keep frequently used items on the top tier for easy access. Less frequently used items can be stored on the bottom tier. Remember to group similar items together for a more organised setup.
Leveraging the 3-Tier Corner Spice Rack
Spices are essential in any kitchen, but they can quickly clutter your blind corner cabinet. Enter the 3-tier corner spice rack. This specialised rack is designed to fit into the corner of your cabinet and provides easy access to all your spices.
The 3-tier design allows you to neatly arrange your spice collection by height or frequency of use. The top tier can house your most commonly used spices, the middle tier for moderately used ones, and the bottom tier for those you use less frequently. Labeling the tiers can further enhance your organisation and accessibility.
Organising the Blind Corner Cabinet in Practice
Now that we've introduced the Lazy Susan and the 3-tier corner spice rack, let's put them to practical use in organising a blind corner cabinet:
- Clear Out and Clean: Begin by emptying the blind corner cabinet and giving it a good clean. Take this opportunity to declutter and get rid of items you no longer need or use.
- Install the Lazy Susan: Place the 2-tier Lazy Susan in the cabinet for easy access to your pots, pans, or kitchen appliances. Arrange the items based on frequency of use, with regularly used items on the top tier.
- Incorporate the 3-Tier Spice Rack: Install the 3-tier corner spice rack on another shelf of the cabinet. Arrange your spices by preference or purpose, making sure to label each tier accordingly.
- Strategic Item Placement: Arrange other items in the cabinet considering their size and frequency of use. Keep the heavier or bulkier items on the bottom for stability.
- Regular Maintenance: Periodically review and reorganise the contents of your blind corner cabinet to ensure it remains efficient and clutter-free. Adjust item placement as needed based on your evolving needs.
Organising a blind corner kitchen cabinet doesn't have to be a daunting task. With the integration of a 2-tier Lazy Susan and a 3-tier corner spice rack, you can maximise space, enhance accessibility, and maintain an organised kitchen. By implementing these solutions and following the outlined steps, you'll transform your blind corner cabinet into a functional and efficient storage space, saving you time and frustration in your culinary endeavours.